Vendor Requirements & Timeline
ALL BALANCES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO SET UP.
1. Vendors are responsible for obtaining insurance and all applicable licenses and permits and providing certificates of insurance and all applicable licenses and permits to the event coordinator. Vendor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc., its agents, servants, employees, affiliates, and volunteers, and the City of Tucson from all claims, suits, judgments, proceedings, damages, costs, and expenses of any kind and nature whatsoever for which the St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc., its agents, servants, employees, affiliates and volunteers, and the City of Tucson may become liable by reason of vendor’s actions and/or inactions.
PROOF OF INSURANCE. Please mail your Evidence of Insurance Certificate covering the event dates to PO Box 135 Tucson, AZ 85702 - or - scan & email it to TucsonStPatricksDay@gmail.com. You must have at least $1 million general liability coverage and name “St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc.” as an Additional Insured on the policy by the deadline. The Evidence of Insurance must include the following information: -Name of the insurance company and/or producer/agent/broker -Policy number -Name of vendor participating in our festival (“Insured”) -Valid dates of coverage to include event dates -Amount of general liability insurance coverage – (one million dollars) Note: Vendors are responsible for their own property damage coverage if any. -Additional Insured endorsement in favor of “St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc.”
2. PERMITS. Vendors are responsible for obtaining any and all permits including health permits, City of Tucson permits, and Tucson Fire Department. A copy of all permits must be provided to St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. (as outlined in Paragraph #1) and must be on display in your booth during the event. It is the responsibility of vendors to become licensed for sales tax if deemed necessary by the State of Arizona Department of Revenue (for information call 1-800-843-7196) and by the City of Tucson Business Department (for information call 520-791-4566.) State and City Tax Representatives may be present at the Festival. Applications will not be processed until vendors provide their tax/license numbers or show they are in process of receiving them. City of Tucson Special Event Vendor Permit. This permit must be obtained through the City of Tucson. The fee is $60 ($20 for Non-Profit). If you have not already obtained your permit, please visit the City of Tucson Parks and Rec. office at the Randolph Center (200 S. Alvernon Way, 520-791-4560.) Checks should be made out to “City of Tucson.” For more information on fees visit City of Tucson Vendor Information.
Please provide a copy of your Special Event Permit as outlined in Paragraph #1. Pima County: Temporary Food Establishment License. Food Vendors are required to obtain this license from Pima County and provide a copy to us as outlined in Paragraph #1. Vendors are required to comply with all Pima County Health Department regulations. Permits are obtained in person (3950 Country Club Rd. Ste. 100; 520-243-7908.) For more information on health permits and COVID visit Pima County Health Department. Information.
4. All canopies and structures must be securely fastened to the ground or weighted. All pop-up tents shall be adequately braced and anchored to prevent weather-related collapse, movement from wind, and other applied structural stresses. Each tent or canopy shall have tethered stakes (not longer than 12”), sandbags, cement weights, or water-filled barrels at every post. The manufacturer’s recommended construction and use guidelines for all structures shall be followed.
5. Sell only items listed on the application. If you do not pay for a food/beverage privilege you MAY NOT sell any food or beverages. (This includes but is not limited to bottled water and soft drinks). Food vendors must follow ALL Health Department guidelines.
6. No refunds will be made for any reason.
7. Exclusivity shall not be granted regarding booth location. Space is limited and subject to approval.
8. Running water is NOT available, please provide your own water supply. You are required to provide your own trash receptacles and any containers needed for food/beverage/trash removal.
9. Upon written notification of approval, you have 15 days to remit payment but must be made before the event date.
10. Vendor is required to be open to the general public for the duration of the entire event. Closing to the public before the end of the event or staying open to the general public after the end of the event is grounds for exclusion from participating in future events.
11. Vendor must post prices in a legible manner and in a visible space on their booth. Vendors will only be allowed to sell items that have been approved in writing by the event committee.
12. St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. shall not allow the sale of merchandise or distribution of materials at the event that offends community standards or depicts illegal drug use or related paraphernalia. Vendor agrees that all booths shall reflect good taste. No political statements, inappropriate dress or behavior, disruption of the event, violation of parade and/or festival rules, or failure to follow the instructions of an agent or representative of St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. will be accepted. St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. reserves the right to refuse participation in and presence at the parade and festival to anyone. Any literature to be distributed by a vendor is subject to the approval of St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. Violation of any of these terms is cause for ejection from the event without refund, and the compliance, acceptance, rejection, or ejection of a vendor is at the sole judgment and discretion of St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc.
13. FIRE INSPECTION: Vendors will be required to have on-site a fire extinguisher with a minimum rating of 2AIOB:C and that it has been serviced within the last year by a licensed fire protection company. These extinguishers will bear a tag with the servicing information. If you will be using any type of frying appliance, including commercial-grade deep fryers, woks, pots, etc., they will need a fire extinguisher that is a K class, in addition to the C class. This extinguisher must also have been serviced within the last year by a licensed Fire Protection Company. Tents/canopies that utilize cooking of any type or have any type of heat-producing appliance used for food must have a minimum of 10 feet clearance on two sides and shall not be located within 10 feet of amusement rides or devices.
14. INDEMNIFICATION: Vendor agrees by accepting this agreement, regardless of coverage under any insurance policy, to pay all costs necessary to indemnify, defend and hold St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc., its agents, members, and/or volunteers (as applicable) harmless from all claims, demands, actions, attorney's fees, costs and expenses based on or arising out of any acts, errors, omissions, fault, or negligence of vendor or its principals, employees, subcontractors or other agents while performing services under this contract.
15. In the event vendor is forced to close by any government agency for failure to obtain your necessary permits and/or licenses, St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. is not liable and will not refund fees. No exceptions will be made to this because of the vendor’s failure to abide by local or state regulations.
16. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: The sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited by all vendors except the St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc.
17. All business or other activity for which the vendors have rented space, must be conducted within the designated booth space. No distribution, canvassing, flyers, nor vending of any kind may be done by strolling through the event grounds.
18. Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, shade cover/tent, lights, etc.
19. Set-up information will be mailed or emailed to the vendor upon acceptance.
20. PHOTO RELEASE: The participants hereby give permission to St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. and its assignees to take photographs, make audio recordings and /or videos of the participants and their representatives or employees at the event, and to use such photographs, audio recordings and/or videos for such promotion or other lawful purposes as St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. and its assignees deem appropriate. The named participants and their representatives or employees further waive and all rights or claims as to content approval or damages that may arise from the use of such photographs, audio recordings, and/or video.
21. Once payment is received your space at the festival is reserved. If all requirements outlined here and in the Application are not met by the deadline, the vendor’s reservation may be forfeited.
22. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade of Tucson, Inc. reserves the right to reject any vendor application by returning all fees submitted by the vendor.
23. All vendors must comply with all federal, state, and local statutes, laws ordinances, and rules, and comply with all regulations and rules of any and all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, bodies, and authorities.
24. This vendor agreement may not be assigned or transferred by the vendor.